Thursday, October 6, 2011

Week 6

We had the peg boards out this week...




I rearranged under the loft more children could see the sign language video without conflict. This is what we do while everyone goes to the bathroom before nap.

 

(Those tricky fingers!)
We also have choices on the table before nap...
Lots of children are playing teacher - and I hear I'm being copied at home too!  To dismiss the children from group time, I sing "willoby wallaby we an elephant sat on me, willoby wallaby Waryn, an elephant sat on Karyn..." and so on until the elephant puppet has "sat" on everyone and they've gone off to make a choice!  Here is a mini teacher at work...
We had pipe cleaners and beads to decorate our playdough...




Which led to "take my picture!"

And those next us at the peg table wanted a picture too!

Here's another teacher...and many "reading" the morning message!  Very cool!  We are talking about how readers use pictures and the first letter sound to figure out words just like us!


 

We had the birthday prop box out...


And another "take my picture!"

No comments:

Post a Comment